Monday, January 12, 2009

On hibernation

So as you all know, Louise has been practically MIA for some time now, spending the past several weekends/holidays with her friends and family in the ‘Ham for various reasons (yes, she is still alive). This has meant that I, Thelma, have been single-handedly wreaking havoc (or at least trying to) on Cloverdale. I’ve put in several hard-working solo hours but the recent skyrocket in Cloverdrama has begun to take its toll. I’ve come to realize I can't handle the drama that is Cloverdale without my partner in crime. I mean in all seriousness, it's just a little too much for one badass outlaw chick to conquer all on her own :(. I eagerly await Lo’s return, which shouldn’t be too far in the future. In the meantime, I’m considering joining her in her hibernation.

The following definitions of ‘hibernate’ (note specifically #2) are courtesy of MSN Encarta (http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861617791/hibernate.html):

hi•ber•nate [ hībər nàyt ] (past and past participle hi•ber•nat•ed, present participle hi•ber•nat•ing, 3rd person present singular hi•ber•nates)

intransitive verb

Definition: 1. pass winter asleep: to be in a dormant state resembling sleep over the winter while living off reserves of body fat, with a decrease in body temperature and pulse rate and slower metabolism. Animals that hibernate include bears, bats, and many amphibians.

2. become less active: to become less active, especially by staying at home rather than going out to socialize

The goals of this experiment are to 1) cleanse ourselves of all the b.s. that’s going around, 2) save some money, for cryin’ out loud, and 3) possibly drop a few lbs in the meantime. But don’t you worry – this will probably only last a few days, if that. You’ll be seeing our smiling faces sooner than you know it!

Kisses,
T-Lo

P.s. While we’re in hibernation, can someone please find out for Louise if she can take her sparkling water into Joe’s?

2 comments:

The Crowned One said...

Last night was a pre-hibernation throw-down, right? I think the vodka miniature fruit bar is an excellent way to fast for a couple of weeks, don't you?
What drama is going down? How have I missed it?

cloverbombs said...

Looks like we punked Cloverdale! Just kidding - last night's pre-hibernation throw-down was a complete accident. But boy was it fun! I kind of enjoyed our small circle being the 7's only patrons last night. Nice and cozy. As for the drama (oh, the drama!), I'll have to fill you in next time I see you, which will certainly be in the very near future.