Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mission: Impossible

Didn’t we specifically say no compelling emails? Well, evidently our dear friend Law lives by his own rules. Around 4 o’clock Tuesday afternoon I received a rather enticing email from him suggesting, since we were deprived of our usual time together at the 7, that I come out for two drinks and a carbomb. On him…………………

Okay, you twisted my arm! I didn’t even stand a chance.

So while Lo demonstrated a remarkable resistance to temptation and was hibernating away, I, Thelma, failed miserably yet again. Back to Joe’s for me. Of course as soon as TCO walks in, she immediately stops in her tracks, points at me, and starts laughing. You can’t really blame her though – I mean, my complete lack of will power lately is pretty pathetic. Even The Royal seemed somewhat perplexed asking, “So when is Ryan going to stop tricking us with these threats of hibernation?” (or something along those lines). Anyway, my fake-out turned out to be a blessing because, thanks to TCO, we can now tell someone “you’re a dbag” in seven real languages and one made-up language. Not only that, we now can also randomly shout “beer nuts!” and throw out the all important “I’m just sayin’” and sound extremely intelligent and sexy at the same time! Je dis juste. A-Mazing! For your language lesson of the day, check out TCO’s beautiful “Tabsheet Art” (to the right):

2 comments:

The Crowned One said...

I think this CLEARLY shows that hibernation is stupid. :)

cloverbombs said...

Exactly! I mean, had hibernation actually happened, your bevnap might not exist!