Friday, February 27, 2009

Genius

Thelma hit an all time high on the genius scale today. Email to Lo (Today, 1:27 PM):

“So, today during my lunch break I ran by the house before running a few errands. Since our house has been looking somewhat frat-tastic lately I decided to do a bit of straightening up. So I crammed the rest of the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and decided to go ahead and run a load. Well, as I was pouring the detergent into the little detergent holder thingy, I noticed the bottle of detergent was almost empty. There wasn't enough to fill the detergent holder thingy, but since we were able to cram SOOO many dishes in there, I felt that the dishes wouldn't be thoroughly cleaned if I didn't fill that detergent holder thingy to its full capacity (there was only enough detergent to fill it up about 2/3 full). So I topped it off with regular dish soap, turned on the dishwasher and left to run errands.

After my errands I came back home to make a sandwich to take back to the office. Well, I walk into the kitchen and HOLY SHIT the entire kitchen floor iss COVERED in suds! I am not exaggerating! Bubbles were EVERYWHERE! Let me tell you how long THAT took to clean up. Needless to say we don't have to mop the kitchen floor for a while....”

Yes, that actually happened.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I did the same thing when I was your age--only takes one time to figure it out.

So glad you are online--I was getting frightfully bored as it is raining on my gardening day.

The Crowned One said...

T, I'm glad you learned that lesson today. I'm MORE glad that you have a dishwasher. Anyway, if you're anything like me you don't necessarily apply a lesson learned to all situations that might be affected by such a decision as you made today. That being said, DON'T put dish soap in a hot tub either. Bad. News. Bears.

cloverbombs said...

Oh dear, I bet it's 10 times worse in a hot tub! Although I think I'd enjoy seeing that. Bubbles!!