Thursday, September 4, 2008

Having a job is cool...you should try it!

This morning Thelma and I went to work – I mean like actual jobs. The kind real adults have. Do you know what I’m talking about? We were both a little late, but at least we went in.

We went to Joe’s (the neighborhood bar you read about earlier) last night and had a freaking blast, per usual. So we totally could have slept in and decided “Hey, we’re feeling a little hung over this morning so we’re not going to work today. Nah, we’re not going to bother calling in with at least SOME sort of excuse. We’re just not going to show up.”

But did we do that? Absolutely not. We got up, got ready for work (which took all of ten minutes…oops!), I ate a bite of the tacos I ordered at Joe’s last night because I was STARVING, jumped in our cars and drove off to our jobs. I’m talking real jobs. These aren’t made up. No, seriously – actual jobs. The kind where you earn a living so you can take care of yourself. It’s cool…you should try it!

No comments: